Monday, August 16, 2010

Full time student...no more

I recently filled a form at the dentist's office.

"Are you a full time student?"
I checked "No" for the 1st time in my life, after 26 years.

Woo! That is almost 3 decades of studying. No wonder I have a small headache. Being a student is great in many ways, but that is a topic for a different blog. But being out of school, I can actually 'do'.

What do I mean by 'do'?

I can create things now. Things that I do not have to turn in on monday morning for a letter grade. In addition to creating, I get paid for the same projects that I did in college, at work. Google's Marisa Mayer said, "Google is like Stanford, with stock options"

...

1 comment:

Folarin said...

The irony of this blog post is that weekend my CEO gave me a textbook to read for the weekend...I had a weekend homework to turn in on Monday :)