Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The brain – remembrance

memory: the power of retaining & recalling past experience
remembrance: the ability to recall past occurrences

How is it that I am able to remember the words of the song that I learnt at 7 years old?
How am I able to remember
-all 4, old and new, email accounts' usernames & passwords?
-my banks’ usernames & passwords?
-my ATM PINS?

How on earth was I able to memorize one of my bank's account number and routing number?

How was I able to memorize my SSN? Okay, I guess most people remember that one.

The brain is awesome!

We have evolved computers that can compute mathematics faster than the human brain can. However, we haven’t perfected image recognition, & voice recognition in computers. Today, the computer insn’t as creative as the brain is…maybe later…

Computers have a long way to go

No comments: