Saturday, August 04, 2012

Waiting for Happiness


The following was a text conversation with a friend.

Me: 
Side story - I was at an interview yesterday, great interview, he asked great questions, he was clearly well prepared (English guy, CEO of newly formed division at d company)...at a point of the interview, I basically said indirectly that if the job was not the right fit for me, he should not hire me.

I didn't know until the interview, but it was a project management job in electrical engineering, I also said that Information Technology is where I would prefer to keep my focus on, and I have only a 3 month internship in electric engineering (from my 2nd year in university)…even though I have a BSc in electric engineering. 

I basically gave him reasons not to hire me.

I felt better, cos simple honesty really beats, trying to prove what I'm not into, because I want a job.

So ill be expecting d results next wk or wk after :)

Friend:
Haha
Love it

Me:
Yea:

Friend:
I love when someone knows what they want in life and goes after it

Me:
Bear in mind that I'm broke as $#t
But I know the direction I wanna head to
The interview was at ******* (huge conglomerate group) btw

Friend:
Don't worry
Before daylight there must always be a night
Where you don't even know where to head
Everything seems dark

Me:
Yea, I'm not worried. Surprisingly enough, I'm happy.
Few months ago, I was bored to my teeth. You remember when I used to
tell you…
Now, I have so much to do, I use my calendar a lot now
I joined the church media team, I've started tutoring again
Got two job offers - the hard part is choosing. And I have two more prospective jobs that I'm in the interviewing stages of. 
I may not have money, but I live, eat, and drive a car, provided by the God via the parentals.
So..I just looked on the bright side jare. My...(personal device of mine)... was stolen - don't matter, I'll buy a better one soon.

Friend:
:)
That's the spirit
When you are waiting, it's always good to be active

Me:
Exactly
Plus another lesson I needed to learn..if I keep waiting for that next job, or that next gf, or to move into my own apartment to make me happier..I might wait a long time
Cos when those things happen, I'll still need that next thing

Friend:
Yup
Yup

Me:
So why not find a way to be fulfilled now, no matter what life has in store

Friend:
Exactly. Dang God is working on my Folarin

Me
:D (laughing)
That's why I didn't wait to be comfortable to begin investing. I started when I was/am broke.

Friend
:)

--------
Update
The 'personal device' that was stolen was my iPad. It was stolen while I was working at church. Graciously, the church elders met and bought/replaced me a new iPad with double the hard drive

No comments: